Thursday, April 20, 2006

For MG's viewing pleasure...and mine...

Vincent Van Gogh is one of my favorite impressionists. His color choice and bold paintings keep me interested. This is a painting that I fell in love with while at Gainesville College. It was on the front of my Intro to Psyche book. I firmly believe that Dr. Ellen Pastorino tried to drive me crazy in that class, which is ironic because, as we all know Van Gogh was a little off his rocker. Yet this painting kept me sane (somewhat) in psychology.
The painting is entitled: "First Steps."


Van Gogh's "Mulberry Tree"

Vincent Van Gogh's "Olive Trees"


5 comments:

dashadra said...

The paintings are interesting, thanks for posting them.

Madison said...

I like Van Gogh. Not to sound like a sell out but Monet is my favorite. Especially "The Seine at Argenteuil," "The Highway Bridge at Argenteuil" and "The Bridge at Argenteuil"

geo said...

If I didn't know better I'd say you had a little bit of culture in ya. Hmmmmmm.

C. A. McKinney said...

Thank goodness you know better huh!

C. A. McKinney said...

Sorry Sarah, too many naked women and babies in the three you suggested. It may be that I am just weird, but I love the colors that Cezanne, Monet, and Van Gogh use. I also love the way they portray lights and shadows. Also, I prefer the subjects my favorites choose to paint.