Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My New Digs...

Hey Gang, I have been gone from Texas for about a month now. I am unpacked and unfortunately still unemployed. But I wanted to show those of you who have never been to Chattanooga, a little of what my new home looks like. Chattanooga, also called Chattaboogie, is a neat mid sized town of about 100,000 people. The Boogies sits just east of Signal & Lookout Mountains, and has the beautiful Tennessee river running through it. Chattanooga is covered with beautiful trees and lush green grass. The Boogie is growing and has many great attractions. Downtown Chattanooga has for the last decade been revamping itself, and is a neat place to hang out. The Tennessee Aquarium fills two buildings and has thousands of fish and sharks! Every year the Riverbend music festival brings thousands to the riverfront for some good music. There is Rock City, a spot on top of Lookout Mtn where you can see 6 states and Ruby Falls. (See pic below for Rock City) The Boogie has its own minor league Baseball team, the Chattanooga Lookouts. They are lots of fun. All together, I believe that I am going to like it here. I think you would too, so come and visit me sometime. I have an extra bed already made for you, and some adventures in my pocket for you to share.

P.S. By the way, Bonnie looks "Blingtastic" in her new Engagement ring.

3 comments:

Ginny said...

CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Anonymous said...

Chris:
Congratulations on graduating.
I got my MDiv May '06 and glad it is over.
I believe we had a least 2-3 classes together.
Blessings;
Paul

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the wedding. Keep us updated on the job search. I am praying for you.

Nathan