Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sorry if I offend...

I have been reading a good bit on the Emerging Church here lately. All that I have read shows me a group that is seriously misguided and theologically dangerous. Now don't start on me that I am lumping the good with the bad, I can't spend time naming names: this one good, this one bad. However, in my reading and research I did find some disturbing things and these interesting pics.
From my understanding, here is the real problem with those who lead the Emerging Church. These guys have the issue of authority completely wrong. They are enslaved to their feelings and to deconstruction ideals and reject Biblical authority. They would never admit to that fact but in practice they do. Most Emergents have a wrong or poor understanding of the Doctrine of Sin, and thereby are missinformed in every other part of their Theology.
A poor understanding of sin and the absolute need for atonement for that sin breeds arrogance like this. True understanding of your fallen estate will keep you humble and away from thoughts like this.

I believe that the Emerging Church's view of the Church is one of the real danger they pose.

A weak stance on heaven and hell, and the doctrine of sin will bite you in all sorts of ways.





Yes, there are many portions of scripture that cause us to think. However, God has revealed himself and truth is possible to obtain through that revelation. We have answers, and right ones at that. We can be confident in our answers because the one from who we receive our answers, is perfect in his knowledge and in perfect in his presentation of his answers.

1 comment:

Thomas Winborn said...

You shouldn't be apologizing for this. ;-)