Thursday, June 22, 2006

Why I am rooting for England in the World Cup...



In case you are wondering (and I know that you are not) I am a fan of the Three Lions side. I like England for many reasons. First, I have visited England and I loved my visit. The people were very nice, and the views gorgeous. Second, I love the fans of English soccer. They are the loudest and best. None of this relying on hot chicks to draw attention to your fans like those silly Brazilian do. (Besides, there are no hot chicks in England, except maybe Rosamund Pike & Keira Knightly . Bonnie please don't get upset.) I also like England's side because I love the grit of their footballers. David Beckham may be a nothing but a pretty face to us in the States, but he is a tough player. I like Wayne Rooney, who has the tenacity of an English Bulldog. I also like the way the Englanders don't give up. Toughness is big with me. Finally, I root for England because the Americans are wimps! The US soccer team was made up of a bunch of mamby pamby whinny babies with no heart. We came to the worlds biggest sporting event with no excitement about being there. The US side played lackadaisical soccer, and let their fans down. I saw it in the first match, that this American side was willing to lay down and accept defeat. It was at that moment that I decided not to invest myself in them. So there you have it, that is why I support the Three Lions club. Though they may not make it far into the World Cup, I can at least support their Lion hearts.

3 comments:

Sher said...

I can't believe I turned the Brazil/Japan game off today at the half! Brazil must have come back big time in the last 45 minutes of play! I'm rooting for Australia for now. Doubt they will do very well...but for now they are my team. If Ghana keeps going they way they are now...I predict them to meet Brazil in the finals. We'll see! Many games left to play!

dashadra said...

If Keira Knightly comes looking for you, I am going to hunt down Hugh Grant. He is a good-lookin' Englishman!

C. A. McKinney said...

You mean to say that you would go out with a man that looks like he has a mop on his head?