Monday, August 21, 2006

Sweet Colorado....

Well, Bonnie and I went to see the McDonnall's this week. We had a blast! We had some fun, and also got some rest. That is the best kind of vacation.


The McDonnall's, Bonnie and I went 4 wheelin' up Cut Bank, a 200-300' hill. We had a great ride, kickin' up dust, jumpin' jackrabbits, and scaring deer. This is the McDonnall's and Bo catching a bit of a rest near the end of a rough ride. It also shows a great view of the Wet Mountain Valley.


This .44 packs a big wollop. Bruce could put a bullet where he wanted it, me not so much. Honestly, I am just happy to still have the use of my hand.



This is a 300 Weatherby. It was an awesome rifle. I put about 10 rounds in group about 3" in spread. It also gave me a nice little bruise on my right shoulder!



This is the rifle I have always wanted to shoot. You may think that an automatic assault rifle is awesome, but this rifle kicks butt! The M-1 Garand is the rifle that won WWII. It weighs a ton, but is fun. It shoots great, packs a ton of wollop, and when it ejects the clip after the last round, your heart leaps. It rocked!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a boot-camp IT (I'm not talking about technology here-intensive training) special. After two hours with one of those in addition to a special one on one relationship with a di, most sailors never misbehave again. I'm just glad I only had to do the paperwork at 1am not the "training".