Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Caffeine is of the devil...


Hello my friends and faithful confidents. As most of you know, I started a new job a couple of weeks ago. This new job took me away from my friends at Classroom support (wicked props to you guys), but it also took me away from Snack Pot. At CS we had a deal where you could buy Cokes really cheaply. I did often purchase and enjoy said drink.

Now, I am away from my daily source of Coke and therefore caffeine. Not only that, but to support Bonnie's renouncing of caffeinated drinks, I do not keep them at her house or mine.

All of this gibberish leads to this. I have had caffeine withdrawals lately. I mean, I am really jonesing for a hit of the good stuff. I wake up with headaches, that last all day. Tonight I had a headache. When I went to get supper, I got a Coke to drink, and the second that sweet elixir full of the "Crack" of my choice; hit my lips... my headache went away.

So if you see me sitting in a corner somewhere, twitching; give me a hit of the hard stuff, Coca-Cola. Hey, can anybody tell me? Is Caffeine free Coke like Methadone for caffeine addicts?

4 comments:

Ginny said...

Happy Birthday, Chris! Have an awesome year. Big ol' hugs from B-Town.

Anonymous said...

Make that a Hug-Sandwich...more of 'em from Baghdad! :) UBR

dashadra said...

Feliz cupleanos baby!! I am so sorry that you have had such bad headaches, poor thing. Thank you for supporting me in my fast from diet coke, it is really sweet even though it brings you so much pain. You are the best!

Thomas Winborn said...

No Chris...Caffeine Free Cok is not like Methadone for caffeine addicts. Methadone is more addictive than heroine which is why the government can use it to get heroine addicts off of heroine. Then they can control the addicts with the methadone at "once-a-day" treatment centers. (You asked...) :-)