Sunday, October 09, 2005

I'm going out on a limb...

Well Gang, I must be crazy, because I am about to do something I never do. I am going to reach into my bag of prognostications, and tell you all what I believe is going to happen the rest of this season in college football.

One of the biggest games this season will be held next weekend. USC v. Notre Dame. The mighty Trojans of Southern Cal will do battle with the resurgent Gridiron Catholics in a knock down drag out fight. I would be willing to bet money, if I had it; that this will be a great game. Unfortunately for all of college football, the Fightin' Irish will lose in a heartbreaking fashion, leaving the Trojans undefeated. Since they are in the "powerhouse PAC 10" (sorry, I laughed for five minutes about that comment. Where was I ?) they will not lose the rest of the season, and waltz into National Championship game highly touted.

Meanwhile, My beloved Bulldogs of Georgia; who vanquished a valiant foe this past Saturday will play its usually horrendously hard SEC schedule and come out as SEC East Champions with one loss against, you guessed it; Florida. We will march to Atlanta beaten and bruised from playing a schedule with more than 3 ranked teams on it, only to face the resurgent Alabama Crimson Tide. Honestly folks, this one is a toss up, but I am going to say that my DAWGS squeek it out and win their 2nd SEC championship of the Decade. We will go to the Sugar Bowl only to whip Florida State or Texas.

This brings me to the most impressive team I have seen this year, The Virginia Tech Hokies. I am prognosticating that the Hokie Birds will survive their tough schedule and win the ACC title this year. The Hokies powerful defense, superb special teams, and athletic quarterback will make it to the National Championship game to face the USC Trojans. It will be an epic battle of East meets West. Two of the best coaches of recent years, with two of the most talented teams ever fielded will rip, tear, and claw at each other for forty minutes only to see the Sears National Championship trophy go to...................(long dramatic pause) ...............................
Virginia Tech

4 comments:

dashadra said...

very very sneaky

Anonymous said...

Not willing to put yourself out there and make a call on the big winner eh? Thats OK, I'll do it for you. VT makes it to the big game this year (after surviving a strong schedule overall... which can't be said for all top 10 teams right now) and they pull off a close and exciting win against USC.

At least someone (big C) has his head on straight about what teams are looking good this season. I'm so tired of people who have lived their entire lives in the middle of the country telling me that there are no good teams up and down the East Coast. They have no proof or knowledge of their argument. They just want to keep blowing their horn and saying that their team is the best because it is in the big 12. Well, to be honest, I have seen several big 12 teams (supposedly national level teams) that are consistently playing very sloppy ball this year. Its a miracle that some of them have walked away with some wins on some of the games I've seen.

In any case.... I'll step off the soap box now. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut to people in the TX area. I'll open it again after the regular season ends (and after everyone is giving some ridiculous reason why their team got passed over in the BCS) and then we can talk about who the real teams are.

geo

C. A. McKinney said...

hey Geo, I did stick my neck out and tell who I believe will be the next national champion. You just have to be creative to find it. I am in a joking mood here lately,(see Bonnie's blog)so I did not make it obvious.

Anonymous said...

GO DAWGS!! I am SO excited and i would love to see your predictions come true!!