Thursday, February 16, 2006

Some things about me...

I haven't posted in a while, and everybody is doing it so why not me. Here are some (what I hope to be interesting) facts about me.
1.When I was in High School I was on the Academic Team. (No, for real, I was on the Academic Team) I was good too. There was one match where I scored more points than the whole other team.

2. The best vacation I have ever taken was to England, Scotland, and Wales in 2002. I got class credit for going as well. Wonderful Adventure.

3. Though I have no tatoos, I secretly want to have them all over my body. I have 3 already planned.

4. I love Cadbury Cream Eggs, and you can only get them for about 2 months out of the year. Don't worry I stock up. P.S. Don't get in my way. I will hurt you if you try to get my Cadbury Cream Eggs.

5. My middle name is Allen. Nothing special there.

6. I used to be a really good badminton player. In college I beat the Maylasian badminton champion of 1974. He was in his 50's, but no one in 20 years had ever beaten him.

7. I feel most comfortable in a pair of jeans. Most people come home and put on a pair of shorts or sweats, I put on jeans.

8. In the second grade I used to stab Daryl Hammond in the leg with my pencil as he walked by my desk. One day he stabbed me back. The lead is still in my leg. Sorry Daryl.

9. I am anything but a neat-freak!

10. I had my first kiss in a pool when I was 16. I remember thinking I'm going to do that again!

11. Almost all of the adults in my family are/were educators.

12. I was/am an educator.

13. My favorite foods (because who really has one favorite?) are: Uno's Pizza, Steak, baked potato, Fried Chicken, Schlotzky's Deli's Texas Scholotzky.

14. I did not come to know Christ until I was 27 years old. A great group of men at the school I taught at taught me about Jesus. I also had a great Sunday School Teacher, and a great Pastor, that continually shared the gospel with me. I am so thankful that God saw fit to send his son to die for me, and that God sent those men to teach me.

15. I have the bad habit of not keeping in touch with friends once we have parted. Garrett Griffin, and any of the Rest Haven Posse, The Poole Brothers, the Thorpe brothers, or Devin Burgamy; if you should read this contact me please. Also, all of you Seminary friends, don't let me lose contact with you.

16. I once had my leg caught in the towline of a boat, and was drug behind the boat for several hundred yards. I don't recommend it.

17. They used to call my Grandfather, "Do It" because all they had to do to get my G-father to do something crazy was say "Do it." I think I inherited that.

18. I once jumped out of a moving truck off a bridge into a lake 40 feet below.

19. I secretly want people to tell me what they really think of me. I would love it if someone came up to me and told me that they thought I was a jerk, if they really meant it. It's honest, and from the heart. I love that.

20. I would like to go to Uganda someday. I want to see what Africa is like. I would also like to help with the orphan population there.

21. I have one sister named Sherry. She is much smarter than I am, and prettier too.

22. I was once indirectly struck by lightening. I don't recommend that one either.

23. The hardest thing I have ever had to go through was losing my friend David. I am still not over it to this day.

24. My earliest memory is of my Dad and I raft surfing on the waves at Jekyl Island in Georgia. I love my Dad.

25. My Mom has written me a letter once a week, every week; since I moved to Texas 4+ years ago. What a Mom!

Sorry, I just don't have that many interesting things about me. Wow, how did you guys make it to 100?

4 comments:

Ginny said...

Loved it, Chris! Thanks for posting. :)

C. A. McKinney said...

Sarah, I would have to agree that the best thing about that trip is the friendships that I have been blessed with because of it.

dashadra said...

Ummm Texas Scholstky!! Tasty! I think you should also tell about all the times you have almost died...

geo said...

Very interesting read, my friend. Amusing too!