Monday, May 01, 2006

I want to be a part of it, New York, New York...

I have always wanted to go to New York City. I don't want to stay for long. I am sure that I would not fit in there. Honestly I would probably be scared to death if I did go; but I want to go none the less. New York is home to so many cool things. It is home to some of the most interesting and and beautiful works of architecture in the world. New York has such a neat history and culture. I would love to soak it in for a week or two. Life is different there, and I for one; would like to experience it.
Grand Central Station would be one of my first stops in NYC. They say it is one of the most beautiful buildings on earth. It takes us back to the 20's & 30's when the train was king, and when style and class meant something.
This is the Chrysler building. It is one of the architectural gems of New York. After this, I want to go to the Empire State Building.

I definitely want to ride on the Staten Island Ferry and get a good long look at this pretty lady. She to is a marvel to see. New York is living proof of what God said about men during the time of the Tower of Babel. God has given us great intellectual and physical abilities, the ability to plan and produce marvels like you see on this post. Yet, if left to our own devices we, like those in Babel; could use that intellect and ability for the ugliest of things. That is what I see in New York, the great things man can do, and the way that we use our gifts poorly. The Statue of Liberty was given to the people of the U.S. by the people of France as a gesture of brotherly love. By God's grace, we are capable of loving one another, and we are capable of great feats, if only we would turn them towards God and his purposes. New York makes me pray for us to turn our awe inspiring abilities towards God, and using them for his glory.
This is the Flatiron Building. What an ingenious use of space, which is of course at a premium in NYC.

I want to go see the Brooklyn Bridge. It was a marvel of ingenuity, and mechanical design in its day. Besides, check out that view.




I would love to go to Yankee Stadium. I would love to watch the boys from Bean Town beat up on the Bronx Bombers. I don't like the Yankees, but everbody should see the House that Ruth Built. Besides, I have heard my Dad talk about it so many times, that I simplymust go see it.
What about you? What would you do on a trip to the Big Apple? Help me plan my future vacation.

5 comments:

dashadra said...

Broadway, take me to Broadway!!!

Robino said...

My favorite from my only trip to NYC was Central Park. Let's just say the people were very interesting. I saw what seemed to be a woman with turrets pass a man dressed like Jesus who appeared to be blessing people. One lady cussing the other blessing. One of the strangest experiences of my life. I was up there with some older secretaries from my work at Milliken and they all loved the stores, like Macy's, Tiffany's....blah,blah,blah. That wasn't my cup of tea, but thanks to you, I can now scrapbook the name of a building that I took a picture of: the Flatiron. Thanks!

the peterson family said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

dashadra said...

update it!!

Anonymous said...

That's the Empire State Building, not Chrysler