Monday, March 20, 2006

Well, I went to Athens, AL this weekend. I was a little worried, because I was going to meet most of Bonnie's friends from Auburn. Not only that, but I was going to AL so that Bonnie could sing in a choir reunion. I thought, "Oh great, a boring choir reunion with a bunch of white folk trying to sound like they have soul." Wow, was I ever wrong! Let me tell you, this choir rocks! I have not seen a group of people like this in a long time. All of them, and I do mean all of them worshipped and sang to God with all of their might. The choir director is a man of God who led them by the Spirit. The Holy Spirit moved, and I found myself wanting to shout and dance. It was all I could do not to just to throw my head back and shout with all my might my praises of God. I laughed and cried, and worshipped God like I have not done in a long time. It was awesome!
My favorite song that they sung was Order my Steps. Here is an excerpt from that song:

I want to walk worthy,
my calling to fulfill.
Please order my steps Lord,
and I’ll do Your blessed will.
The world is ever changing,
but You are still the same;
if You order my steps,
I’ll praise Your name.
(imagine this Kirk Franklin Style)

6 comments:

dashadra said...

I am so glad that I was able to share this experience with you and I am very grateful for what the Lord did in and through all of us on this trip. I left Athens changed, for the better.

Robino said...

My choir used to sing that too (in fact it may be the same choir) and that was one of my favorites. I could barely ever make it through the song without trying to jump on a plane to some lost region. Oh, the mems.

dashadra said...

Hey Robin, It is the same choir. We had a reunion at David B.'s church in Decatur, AL.

Robino said...

That is soooo cool. I wish that I could have seen it. Was it recorded?

Anonymous said...

hey man it's Garet, shoot me you email address so I can give you a holler!

dashadra said...

It was recorded. I am not sure how to get a copy, but if I hear about it, I will let you know.