Wednesday, March 01, 2006

OK the love affair is over...

Well, I came home to Fort Worth Hall after my 2 month hiatus in casa de Dalby. I was all excited about being back in the dorm, close to friends, girlfriend etc. I am still excited about those things, but the sparkle wore off real quick. You see I had to beg someone to let me borrow a cart to move all my stuff back up to my room, because those in charge here believe that we all secretly want to steal the laundry carts and keep them for our pagan destructive rituals. Since this is the case you must beg to have someone get a cart for you. I also had to go walk across the sticky floor of the basement. Now this floor is not a floor that you wax, so there is not just that we need a new coat of wax. No, this floor is so covered in spills, that no amount of mopping will get them up. Not only that, but last night reminded me that I live in hell-box. It was hotter than three yards of the bad place in my room last night. Add to that the fact that I am sick, and you can see why I have lost my excitement for this place.

There was one great moment in the night of lost expectations. I did get to sit down and talk to Nathan and Thomas. We even watched a huntin' video. "That bear never knew what hit 'im boys!"

6 comments:

dashadra said...

I am so sorry that you are sick! They probably keep a tight reign on the carts so that yall wont have a roller derby with them....though that would be fun...something to think about....lots of stairs!

I hope you feel lots better soon!

Madison said...

I thank God daily he delivered me from Ft. Worth Hall.

Ginny said...

Actually, seems to me that I've actually been rolled around in one of those carts. So perhaps "those in charge" are correct in their assumptions in regards to pagan destructive rituals. (FYI, everybody, it wasn't Christ who did it. The guilty parties are long gone from ol' FW Hall.)

Sher said...

I have only been in FW Hall once in my life, and that was just to get some water, but I can imagine how it is a little less than paradise! Ha! What a change in feelings toward your home! I've totally been there! I hope it gets better!

C. A. McKinney said...

Ginny, I am sure glad that Jesus didn't steal the laundry carts from Fort Worth Hall either. Just think of the mess we would be in if he had: no perfect sacrifice for our sins because "somebody wanted to take a joy ride in the laundry cart!" Heaven forbid it.

Ginny said...

LOL. I meant Chris. Crazy typing fingers! (I think the comment is even funnier with my slip. Teehee.)