Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Another Ironic injury...

In my last post I talked about some of the ironic injuries I have sustained. Today, the students I have been working with reminded me of another injury I sustained. As most of you know, I am an avid woodworker. Since high school, I have been making furniture, building cabinets, constructing decks, etc. I truly love to do that sort of thing. In that line of work, you are constantly using power tools: skill saws, band saws, table saws, shapers, molders, routers, etc that would chew your digits off in a moment. I have never once cut myself with a power tool. In 15+ years that I have been working with tools, not even so much as a scratch. Well, last year I decided to cut the tip of a pool cue off with my pocket knife. One hospital visit and 14 stitches later I found myself asking: "How did I not cut myself with all those power tools, yet cut the fool out of myself with the pocket knife?"

2 comments:

dashadra said...

Have we so soon forgotten the broken fingers and smashed fingernails slammed in the door by a teenager??

C. A. McKinney said...

Dashadra,
That was going to be tomorrow's post. Gosh!