Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My friends...

I have been blessed by God to meet so many great people here in seminary. I have met people and started relationships here that will carry on throughout the rest of my life. Though I have met many great people, and made many new friends, there are about five guys that have made the greatest impact on me. They are my five best friends. Meet the first three.

George: Geo Heyyyy Ooooohhhhh! Geo is a great friend. He's always there when you need him. He always likes to have fun, and always keeps me from taking myself too seriously. He has a great sense of humor. Geo, you are a great minister. You do a great job of leading people to a better understanding of their Lord.
Some of the greatest memories I will ever have of my life were spent with Geo. Geo, sorry about the beatings I have given you over the years.

Thomas: Sweet T! Thomas will be a defender of the faith one day. I look forward to reading his books one day. I admire Thomas' work and study ethic. He is a fun guy to be around too, always keeping me laughing, and sometimes getting me into trouble. Don't ride in the car if he is driving though. Thomas (said in my best spanish accent) you scare me to death when you drive so fast.

Nathan: Natan! In Hebrew Nathan means he gives. His name fits him. Nathan is my friend that I talk to about the serious stuff in my life. He always has an open ear, and great advice. What a great friend! He has a sneaky sense of humor too. Sometimes he will sneak in a joke, and two minutes later you find yourself laughing. Nathan will be the best Christian counselor in the world very soon. Nathan, thanks for being such a great friend.

Folks, If I wrote for days, and published volumes, I could not tell you acurately what these guys have meant to me. May the Lord be praised and thanked for sending you guys into my life.

1 comment:

Thomas Winborn said...

Chris:
You are too kind my friend. You have been and I am sure will continue to be one of my best friends. Your heart for the Lord and especially for His people...you are an inspiration to all of us. Yes...you are (I know you are shaking your head right now). Thank you for putting up with me and for always being there. Know you are always in my prayers. We are all brothers to the depths of our hearts for all eternity. All I can say is "thank you".