Thursday, June 16, 2005

?

I have had a song in my head for a couple of days now. I keep hearing it, and I keep thinking about it. I don't know who sings it. I think it is Nicole Nordeman. I don't particularly love the song, nor do I agree with all that it talks about, but it does have me thinking.

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remeber me
Did I choose to love
Did I point to you
Enough to make a mark on things
I want to leave an offering
Child of mercy and grace
Who blessed your name
Un-appologetically
I want to leave that kind of legacy.

I sometimes wonder what people think about my life. Do I choose to love people more than I hurt them? Do I point to Christ enough to leave a mark on this world? Do people see Jesus in me and become attracted to him, or do they despise the Savior because of me? Is my life honoring to God? I know that I am not full of mercy or grace, and Oh how I want to bless God's name un-appologetically, but so seldom do.