Monday, June 13, 2005

One of the best things to ever happen to me...

Today, I went and worked with a group of students from my church build an awning for an elderly member of the community. We had a great time. We drilled holes, dug post holes, and framed in the awning for this lady. We joked around, and talked about things we had done while I was the interim youth minister. It did my heart a world of good. I left that position thinking I had failed in most of the things I had done there. Today I found out differently. I found out today that I had made an impact for Christ in these kid's lives. What a blessing from the Lord, to know that you are doing something right. One of the best things to ever happen to me, work with those kids, and then see confirmation from the Lord, that I had done something right.

Stay tuned for the pics of today's adventure.

1 comment:

dashadra said...

I know that is an amazing feeling to know that you were used by the Lord. In some situations I feel that I am not being used for the Lord's purpose, but then He shows me later on just how He used me without me ever knowing! How cool is that?!!?

I am so glad you were able to receive this confirmation today!