Monday, June 06, 2005

Increase, more and more...

I Thessalonians 4:1-8
I have been reading through this passage and studying it for a week or so. I have come to realize that God wants us to increase in sanctification more and more. (Don't get me wrong, I knew this before, but it is now more cemented in my mind.) He is not satisfied that we have arrived where we are. He tells us increase more and more. Continue on in the faith. Work hard, in the power of the Spirit to become more like Christ. Fulfill the commandments God has given because you love him and want to please him. And do not reject this progress, don't refuse to go on in the faith, because if you do, you are rejecting God.

What does this say about a good number of people in our churches? So many of our parishioners are too close to where they came into the Church. So many of them are refusing to push forward in their growth with God, and therefore are rejecting him. How about you? Are you increasing more and more in Christlikeness, or are you rejecting God? No need for answers to me, I am just throwing this out for you to think about.

2 comments:

dashadra said...

Good word!

My pastor in Auburn always used to say "Delayed obedience is disobedience" and I belive that God has called us to continually grow in our walk with Him and so if we are lethargic and refuse to do that, then we are being disobedient.

I was burdened by a friend saying one time that she was comfortable in her walk with the Lord. This lady wouldnt do a Bible study because she always felt bad afterwards....humm...maybe it was conviction (between her and the Lord of course) I dont think that we should ever be comfortable in our walk with the Lord. Because we are fallen, there is always going to be some area that God wants to work on and so we can neve stop growing, learning, and going.

Thomas Winborn said...

Bo:

You are SOOOO right. Comfort means danger! Good word Chris and Bo!