Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Best friends cont'd...


A couple of months back, I wrote about three of my best friends. (Nathan, Thomas, Geo) Well here is the next installment. I did not write about this fellow, because I did not have a picture of him to share. Gang, this is Big D! Darrell Winters is a great friend, and the funniest man I have ever met. He cracks me up. No matter where you are, no matter what you are doing, if Big D is there it will be fun.

Let me give you a classic Big D "ism," so that you will know what it is like hanging out with Big D. One night we were at Julie's fresh kitchen eating supper. Julie's gives you free cornbread and biscuits. Big D had a biscuit in each hand when he quieted the table and told us that he had an announcement. Big D took a bite of one of the biscuits, and then announced: "Guys I want you to know that I struggle with anorexia, but today I am winning!" The whole resturant was laughing, and I mean the whole resturant was laughing. People at other tables were belly laughing.

Not only is Big D funny, but he is as genuine as any man that ever lived. He genuinely loves everybody he meets, and loves the Lord with all his heart. He has a desire to teach others about the Lord, and lead them to obedient faithfulness. Big D is capable of doing so, because he himself is a faithful and obedient son.

I went to see Big D while I was at home. It was a great time. Big D kept me in stitches the whole time. Not only that, but I had the privilege of hearing Big D bring The Word. We had a great time renewing our friendship. Big D, if you are reading in, I want you to know that you are a great friend, and a man of God. We miss you here in Fort Worth buddy. It is not the same without you buddy.

1 comment:

Thomas Winborn said...

Amen Chris! It is not the same without Big D!