Monday, August 01, 2005

Headed back to my hometown...















Well, I'm headed back home for a little while. I'm looking forward to seeing my nephew, Mom, Dad, and my sister Sherry. I miss them all, and look forward to hanging out with them. I also hope to catch up on some of the sleep that I have missed over the last couple of months. Not to mention I will get to eat a little of my Mom's cooking. (She is the reason that I am pleasantly portly.)

This trip promises to be eventful. Not only will I get to hang out with my nephew, playing Batman and Spiderman, but also; I am going to visit with a couple of paroled Southwesterners. I am excited about visiting with Chris Winford, who is working at FBC Atlanta. Chris and I became fast friends when we went to England together in 2002. I am also extatic to be travelling to the thriving metropolis of Whitwell, TN to visit with and sit under the preaching of the funniest man that ever lived. That's right folks..... I'm going to see Big D! It promises to be an entertaining, and uplifting time.

So, this is me signing off for a week or so. When I get back, I hope to have pictures and stories to tell, so check back then. See y'all later.

8 comments:

geo said...

"pleasantly portly?" haha! All I have to say is, HUSKY! HUSKY! HUSKY! [picture my arms swinging like i'm running]

Hey man, enjoy your trip home. And this time when you are playing spiderman and batman-- may I suggest avoiding the spandex outfits? You remember what happened last time don't you? I don't think anyone who reads the Atlanta newspaper EVER wants to see that again!
Call me when you get back.
geo

dashadra said...

ha, geo that is funny because I just recently heard and saw the husky, husky, husky dance!

Chris, you will be greatly missed!

Dont get lost in South Whitwell, that traffic light can be tricky.

C. A. McKinney said...

Geo, I am not ashamed. I will be Batman in all my spandex glory!

Thomas Winborn said...

Chris: Your "RUGBY KICK" link is not working. I thought you would like to know. :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family!

Robino said...

I used to work for Milliken. Are you familiar with them? I think they have a plant there. So cool. I never got the chance to visit. I worked down in LAGrange. Fun stuff. I must say, that I love the area up there. Soooooo beautiful. Wish I could be camping and hiking. Well, except only when it gets cooler. Have a great trip.

C. A. McKinney said...

Robin, Yes there is a Milliken plant here in Gainesville. Small world huh!

Anonymous said...

I know you are on vacation...
but UPDATE YOUR BLOG ALREADY!!!!
-geo